Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Old & New

The end of September brought our farewells to visiting family. Grandmommie had been here for three weeks and as a means of saying goodbye and capturing the moment I set up our first real photoshoot. There are a few great shots, three generational photos, Tabitha photos and Jackson photos. Out of the batch the favorite is a photo of Jackson and Tabitha together. They are cuddled close and relaxed just being babies.

On Friday of last week, the very beginning of November, I thought we'd try to get another shot of the two of them with a similar feel. There are a few cute shots but nothing truly outstanding. I'd love to show you these two photos compared to one another but as I've had some bad press (read: UPDATE) I can't share with you our sweet tomatoes cuddled together. But take my word - they are adorable!

Activity on the baby front continues as usual. Tummy time is still a battle as is getting Jackson to eat. I'm not sure whether he's formed a negative habit, acting out to get the extra attention it always brings or just really frustrated. If indeed it were the last we'd want to do whatever possible to help him figure this out. Although it is hard to believe that he's having an actual problem when his issues are terrible with his parents and not so bad with me. It could be that my experience feeding babies gives me more confidence, persistance, patience or ways of feeding him that allow us to have more successful bottles thus increasing our likelihood of having having better feeds more often creating a pattern of success. But maybe not. I really can't give you the hard and fast answer, this isn't a precise science. It would be nice if is were though.

The only other news around here is that Tabitha needs the next size of diapers. She's leaking frequently and has gotten a very random rash. It is along the legs and waist holes of the back of her diaper area. Not anywhere in the middle but where the elastic is too close against her skin. So missy Tabitha will be moving up to size three diapers - a far cry from the teeny premie diaper she had falling off of her bottom in the NICU. Grow baby grow!

As far as our world goes I'd say life is plugging along quite well. We'll get past this feeding issue and come into something new, and it will continue, us moving from one thing to the next until I'm reporting new words, steps and more adorable personalities, at which point it will continue still!