Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Transition into Awareness

August was the month of transition.

My new tomatoes (charges) came home from the hospital. Norah and I took a vacation. We moved (HOORAY!). And, and, I STARTED A NEW JOB.

There has been so much on my plate that I shied from blogging because who really wants to hear about what I do and what I'm up to? It seems silly. Then yesterday I came across "Preemie" magazine. Inside I found articles and more advertisements than you would believe for crap no parent needs. Then, this morning, I came across a personal story. This parent of 27 weekers was sharing their experience so far, their boy-girl twins are now toddlers. Honestly, I was eating it up! The bed-rest, birth, NIC, coming home, growth, development, and so on. And it really made me think. While what I'm doing may seem old hat to me, there are others, nannies, parents, caregivers, extended family, etc, that are just starting this journey. It looks different from where ever one stands in life. Who am I to keep the good, the bad and the binky to myself? I LOVE what I do. I enjoy sharing tips, ideas and insights, why shouldn't I blog?

Next installment; new family specifics, daily routine and update.
Until next time.



UPDATE: For a long time, my blog wasn't really noticed. A handful of people around the world probably stumble upon it and read a bit. Nothing regular or noteworthy. Then I made a post that annoyed a preemie mom, I'm not sure what she was really angry with because she has read most of my blog. Maybe she was having a bad day and that post hit her wrong. Whatever her reasoning she has started a personal crusade against me, pretty much telling other moms that I am the devil.

She wasn't here, I blog summaries and she can't possibly know what happened enough to deem me the devil. Because of her a lot of the personalization of this blog has been lost. It is sad, but some people need to attack others to make themselves feel better. I don't know her or her situation just as she doesn't know me or mine. Having a preemie doesn't explain everything, these tomatoes are happy, healthy, thriving little babies and nothing I've done has jeopardized that, on the contrary, I have given more of myself to this family than any other nanny I know. She's allowed to have her opinions and I mine, no one person should assume they know everything about a person because they've read something that person has written. Look athow much was written by Shakespeare. (of course I'm no Shakespeare, but you get the idea.)