Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Home sick today

Yep, today I'm at home, sleeping like I'm being paid for it. Oh wait, I AM being paid for it! The tough part of that is "what if I'm not sick?" I have some early sickness symptoms but nothing big and full-fledged. On the other hand, what if I am sick and I have to miss more work? As much as I love to sleep in, I hate missing work. Honestly. I get really bored at home and I seriously miss those babies!

Preemies make it extra tough on parents as far as sick/not sik caregivers go. They have to make the call, should we risk my tiny bit of symptoms so that the parents can go to work or should we play it safe so that we know the babies stay healthy. Add to that twins infants that most parents aren't sure they could actually handle for the entire day by themselves and you have a definite conundrum. My last family ALWAYS risked it. Unless I was really sick, I came to work so Clover could go to work. [Stephen wouldn't consider staying home, are you kidding?!] Today is the first time this has been an issue. I called this morning and after some debate, seriously, Sara decided I should stay home and rest. Maybe it's nothing but let's be safe. Sara's babies were also born six weeks earlier than my last twins and were on the cusp of life or death at birth because they were so, so early. That also mean that they are older now than Madison and Addison were for their first winter. This means they have better immune systems. And they are much more hearty too. Madison and Addison were always smaller and more tender little chickens.

Speaking of my hearty little tomatoess, I miss them. But I'm exhausted so I'm going back to bed!