Thursday, December 20, 2007

Early Intervention

EI came this morning to check up on Jackson and Tabitha. They came early because it is best for Roger and Sara and only interrupts Jackson and Tabitha's sleep a little. Both the PT and our EI nurse were impressed with the progress the tomatoes have made. Jackson was a little cranky, sleepy this morning but still did an acceptable job. He is a baby so we can cut him some slack, right?

We need to continue working on tummy time, floor time in general and some specific suggestions included side play, to encourage the separation of top and bottom, seated positions, to increase trunk strength, and putting toys in their hands, to increase grasping, opening of fists and toy transfer. Tabitha transfered a toy between both hands while they were here, I was very proud. Roger and Sara haven't even seen her do this yet! Jackson seemed stronger on his tummy, more of his chest and stomach were off of the ground. He was also infinitely more verbal but Tabitha saw plenty opportunities to share her raspberry-type spitting that I so loathe. Much as Sara and our EI nurse thought it was cute. I don't think either Roger or PT agree and I surely don't think it's cute in any way.

Tomorrow morning will be a weigh in and RSV for each baby. I'll come into work late but Norah will join me because she's on Christmas break from school, as of this past Monday, and today is her last workday before she gets a break from that too. I was telling her how the housekeeper received a Christmas bonus yesterday and hoping that meant I'd get one too, she was saying how she definitely won't get a bonus as her work is an unpaid internship. As she gets a three week break I told her, that is a pretty good bonus! Looking at it from that perspective she had to agree!