Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesday after Christmas.

This boy enjoys tummy time! Look at close he is to rolling over - do it Jackson! Roll over!!

Today was very long, very quick, rewarding and frustrating all at the same time.

Both tomatoes are off of their sleep schedule, exhausted and having a hard time, again.

But they ate like champs! Jackson took a 230mL bottle today! Way to go Jackson! Great feeding Norah!

They are loving their solid foods, everyday. We are up to four foods, two fruits, one vegetable and rice. Technically they can have prunes because they've both had prune juice, but we haven't fed them solid, i.e. pureed, prunes yet. Today we tried cinnamon pears, banana-pear combo and pruney-rice with banana-pear combo. The "Samara-Pears" both varieties, were a huge hit as compared to the Ger6er pears which received scrunchy-faces and were pushed from both babies mouths. Samara's Pears have it!!

Finally, both babies were frustrated that I'd been away two days longer than a regular weekend.

Jackson refused to look at me this morning. Literally. He took away my eye contact as punishment for being away from him for so long. When I continued to talk to him, knowing he'd eventually get over being annoyed, valid feelings - his to feel, he started to cry. Without fail this brought Roger and Sara running, both to coo over Jackson, but mostly feel sorry for me. What a way to begin the day!

Then this evening, Tabitha decided that even though we'd had a great day together, she was angry with me too. Maybe her perspective is to think ahead to tomorrow, whether or not I'll be back, whereas Jackson thought about the past. As I told Roger and Sara about her beautiful, social mealtimes she started to cry. Loud. Strong. Sudden. Both Roger and Sara freaked out, decided there must be something wrong. She settled into Rgoer's lap, happy as a clam, we talked some more. As soon as I returned to the topic of her eating, she started crying again, just as she had before.

These are two very clever babies. Roger and Sara may not see it but I see more evidence of their intelligence everyday.

My time off was lovely. Lots of driving but wonderful family time, all with my in-laweos. There was only one tantrum had the entire visit! Sadly that was given by my sister-in-laweo who is in her thirties and still lives at home. I've suggested to Norah we buy Mr. Seahorse for she and my parents-in-law, but we've yet to agree on it as an option. Maybe "Santa" will leave a few copies in next year's stockings!