Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Reading, Reading, Reading All Day Long.

My list is growing! Ivy's booklist is nearly four pages long! I've requested at least thirty books from the library [they actually cut me off at twenty then I started requesting them on Norah's account!] and I've found a new resource! So far I've taken four suggestions from this site. Here's hoping we enjoy them!


Right now the household favorite is Skippyjon Jones. Seven of my library requests were add'l Skippyjon books. He's quite a little character and fun to read. Personally I'm addicted the this collections of Grimm's Fairy Tales that we have. I'd say Ivy and I are about 33% through the book. They aren't very happy and some are quite graphic, but I find them entertaining, I can hold the book with one hand, there are a bunch inside and each is only three to five pages long - leaving little room for boredom.


But my absolute favorite right now is How big is the world? by Britta Teckentrup. Adorable. I love it. I love the message. The simplicity. The depth. It's perfect for Ivy's developing sense of the world. Love, Love, Love It!