Friday, December 7, 2007

Bad, bad nanny

I didn't post on Friday, I'm using a picture from Friday, December 7th and dating this post for Friday too. I'm a bad, bad nanny. I didn't make time to blog on Friday. I made time for laundry, formula, bottles, feedings, family interactions, baby-play, a walk, music, a few photos, getting paid, recapping for Roger and Sara then again for my wife, but I didn't make any time to blog. I apologize. I do think of it as one of my daily responsibilities and it is very rewarding to see folks actually visiting. It was especially rewarding to see my photos viewed so many times as I enjoy photography so much more than writing.

It was a good week. Auntie Laverne and Auntie Shirley really enjoyed their visit, the tomatoes and being here. And it snowed!

After our big debate about going outside that was followed up with strict rules surrounding taking the babies outside, including keeping outside time to a maximum of fifteen minutes, I haven't been out with the babies. It's just not worth it. To set up the stroller, put on their warm clothes, snowsuits, hats, dress myself, carry them down the stairs, lower the stroller with them in it down the outside unsalted stairs takes at least fifteen minutes. Add that same fifteen minutes for coming back in and you have a walk that takes longer to orchestrate than actually enjoy. And with all of that add Roger's drama about my freezing his children, which can come on unexpectedly, and I'm out of the game.

But I felt tough and went for it on Friday. Ten entire minutes outside. Wow. I'll just stop there, cause, wow.