Thursday, November 15, 2007

Prematurity Awareness Month

November is Prematurity Awareness Month, the time of year when the March of Dimes brings special attention to the fight against premature births and other serious threats to infant health. Prematurity is the number one killer of newborns.

My tomatoes were especially premature and especially lucky. Most babies born as early as Jackson and Tabitha lead different lives, not lesser lives, different. They are just as special as the tomatoes and possibly more amazing. Here are a couple of my favorite preemies to watch grow and develop, aren't they most darling girls? And their parents are tough and adorable - a winning combination!

I blog to share with people my experiences as a nanny, not to represent preemies everywhere. All babies, families and situations are different. I blogged about Prematurity Awareness for that reason - to raise awareness.