Friday, October 5, 2007

The Good stuff

They have so much personality for such little tomatoes.

Sara took a great photo with my camera whe she found us during a feed a few weeks ago. It is nice to be able to feed them both at once when they are starving, but I relish the feeds when I can focus on just one at a time. I work my hardest to be sure that we can enjoy the last leisurely feed of every work day one-on-one.

I took a great photo at the beginning of September, Jackson and Tabitha's aunt had just left a week earlier and she was leaving a message on the machine. Both were listening intently to her speaking. I think they recognized her voice. After this photo there's actually a shot of them fussing because she stopped talking.

There is also a great photo of our first meeting in the NICU. Roger and Sara were thrilled to let Norah and I hold them and took our picture together. Jackson and Tabitha were both so much bigger than I could have expected. The next day Tabitha came home and a week after that Jackson joined us too.

Okay, now, one last post. Tonight I've come upon some unexpected free time and took the opportunity to search for some more blogs to read. Norah loves to read blogs, graduate students, lesbians, TTC, parents, you name it she reads it. I read a couple of them but mostly I'm interested in different things. Twins, preemies, micro-preemies, other full time nannies, photographers - I'd love to read about these people all day long! But I have no idea how to find these other blogs and bloggers. I've been searching like a fool and read some pretty incredible stories. There are some truly amazing folks out there. Worried about family privacy and defining the line between what is appropriate and what just isn't okay, but with what's here I think I've struck a good balance. Of course there are those who would disagree, but that is always the case.

I LOVE photography. I love working with families. I love multiples. I love Norah. I've been a nanny for two months longer than I've been with her, which has been more than nine years. And what more can I tell you? It's late and I'm tired, but life is really good.

BTW if any of you know of blogs that I might enjoy - recommendations are welcome. Have a great weekend!