Friday, September 28, 2007

Inspiration out of the blue.

Everything is so calm here today in preemie-ville. Grandmommie and Sara are out to lunch, Roger is working, Norah is here helping with feeds and the tomatoes are running on schedule, napping well and being cute. Not really much on my mind related to twins or preemies or even nannying. Then from thin air an email arrives from Ashley (also a former employer and mother of girl-boy twins, Sophia and Max).

In an instant I'm lost in old photos. There are so many memory provoking photos from the nearly four years I spent with Sophia and Max, two of the most beautiful boy-girl twins, the only full term set, it is a pleasure to wade through them. And yet time and time again my favorite photo remains the same. One of the last few I took as their nanny. They are three and a half and completely lost in their own worlds, yet the shot captures such feeling and possibility, and at the same time nostalgia for youth. The picture inspires me.