Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dilemma, looking for feedback

Today I'm having a dilemma. Generally I enjoy reading others' blogs. If I don't enjoy them on a regular basis, I don't read them anymore. Pretty simple and straight-forward system. I like it. It works for me. I'd say there are probably a dozen, or less, that I read regularly. Most folks don't post daily so this isn't a very big list. Any given day I may read up to five blog posts.

This morning one of my favorite blogs posted about their schedule. I LOVE hearing about parents schedules. It's like peaking into windows of houses with the lights on. Or looking through someone's photo album. It is a glimpse into their world.

The background looks like this; her baby, three months old, wakes after 45 minutes - each nap. She goes on to describe his inconsolability and eventual going back to sleep, always with her help.

Here's the dilemma;
⁃ she's not asking for help; she knows that this situation isn't ideal, she just wanted to share   what's going on with her any given day.
⁃ it's going to get harder; he's going to stop going back to sleep and she's expecting twins in a matter of weeks.
⁃ I'm concerned that when the new babies come, everyone will be miserable and IT'S.COMPLETELY.AVOIDABLE
⁃ anything she can do now to improve sleeping habits in her 3 month old and sleeping attitudes in her own mind with benefit her next two babies
⁃ she's a lesbian, I want to help her even more because she's a woman/new mom and I want to see she and her partner not only succeed but thrive and enjoy every minute
⁃ she's a mother and I'm not; this means that if I give unsolicited advice there's a 90% certainty she'll;
1. get annoyed and not hear a word
2. disregard my opinion because I'm not a mother myself
3. block me from reading her blog
4. or, worst of all, move further from healthy sleep habits than she is now

Should I just let it go like a good non-mother should? I'd email her if that were an option, but it isn't. I'm not looking to start some big sleep debate in the comment section of her blog, I'd just like to help. The part that's really eating at me is after she posted all of this, she summarized by saying "it sounds like [baby] sleeps a lot!!!"

Seriously, any feedback, 
constructive, 
would be greatly appreciated.