Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Babyfood to be cleaned, cooked and cubed (ice cubed)!

Didn't mention it, but I've got a bounty, seriously, of food to cook this week. I should stay pretty busy (read: I won't really have time for blogging)!
They can eat everything pictured except the beets and the melon - those are their new foods this week.



Beets, yummy! Both Sara and Norah LOVE beets! They are thrilled for Jackson and Tabitha to try them. Not as much of a fan, I'm excited that they are moving on to more vegetables!





Beet greens are supposed to be very healthy. I've never eaten them but waste not want not, I'm going to prepare them for the tomatoes. I'll let you know what I think, hopefully they aren't too bitter.





Beet stems, they are so colorful, aren't they? I think they look like licorice! planning to cook these also, they feel so much like celery.


Now that everything is cleaned and chopped I can start cooking!


Carrots first as they are my favorite.
Mmmm, carrots, yummy! Alright, putting the lid on...




Now I can puree the snap peas I just steamed...
Asking Roger for snap beans I ended up with snap peas. He tries and we aren't going to give him a hard time - okay? At least these were gorgeous snap peas - they looked like edamame! Not really a fan of either myself, we'll see what Jackson and Tabitha think.



I actually threw these in first, planning ahead, but saved their picture for last...
Aww, squash. A few weeks back we had company at our house and I made a squash mix that I called "squashers mash." It had butternut and acorn squash, baked then pureed with nutmeg and cinnamon. It was really tastey. Because it was something new I made a few cubes for the tomatoes even though they'd never had acorn squash. They LOVED IT!! Roger requested I make more, the beets are wrapped up here too, I hope they don't leak beet juice all over!