Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve.

Wow, I haven't posted here since July. That was such a long time ago. And the issues with my work environment feel like a lifetime ago. Things are great! I have so much to be thankful for here on Thanksgiving Eve.

Work is wonderful. The tomatoes are amazing. As I read through some of the posts just before the last I saw the post about Tabitha taking her first steps. That seems like decades ago. Now she runs. She jumps. She climbs everything - she can nearly climb into her crib by herself - she's just so much deeper than she was in July. 

And Jackson, well, he took much, much longer to begin walking. He discovered, just after Tabitha perfected her walking, that traveling on his knees in an upright position was just as good as walking. At least he thought so. He didn't want to stop. EI would come without suggestions. It was terribly exhausting and hard. Going to the playground meant he was stationary or covered in woodchips. I was worried about winter and taking him out in the snow. Then, with quite a bit of encouragement and persistence on my part, he started walking. Just a little at first. Like Tabitha he tripped easily and needed to be helped up often. But now, you'd never guess. The boy jumps like a madman. He 's light on his feet and loves to dance. He's started running. 

But this is all recap. The big news that I have for you, probably one of the main reasons that things are going so well, is that both tomatoes talk like crazy! The chatter like little monkeys incessantly. And they have at least fifty words - in TWO languages! 

They play games with each other. They've stopped biting. THANK YOU GOD! They still fight over toys and books (I can't tell you how many times each day I remind them to share) but they love each other! It is awesome. They play pretend. Pretending with objects and without. We color with crayons and have taken two classes. Next week we'll start our third. 

Oh! And we only take one nap now! Only.ONE.Nap.!. It was a tough transition, but two naps were more stress than they were worth. The quantity of sleep they get each day decreased significantly, something I was not pleased with at all, but overall it's been good. 

I'm so happy! They are so adorable! And there's so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving out there blogosphere.