Monday, March 31, 2008

Update, screaming, sitting and Spring!

Things here are plugging along. We've been meeting with the PT each week instead of once per month. Whether or not she believes it helps, we've all seen measurable change. 

1. Both tomatoes are now sitting on their own. 
2. Jackson put himself into a sit one evening last week. 
3. Tabitha can occasionally go from sitting to an all fours position. 
4. This morning Jackson rolled from his back to his stomach for the first time ever. 

On the downside we're still experiencing a lot of screaming. Happy, sad, angry, confused, all they do is scream. Makes it hard for their nanny to think let alone blog. Thus the reason for the long breaks between posts. I just can't think while they scream. Roger and Sara encourage it. we're going to have a talk about it. I can't take much more. Lately they choose to practice screaming rather than cooing or babbling. It's putting their language skills further behind and killing me. Screaming isn't something that just disappears and it can last for YEARS. 

There have been other positives in our world. Each tomato gained a pound in the last six weeks. They have finished their RSV shots and both are currently healthy. Our long, cold, snowy winter only brought one cold and they had it at the same time. There's not much more one can ask for. They are more than ten months old now, robust, healthy and full of personality. 

I'm really looking forward to their birthdays, warmer weather and getting outside more. I can't wait until they are crawling and then walking. I love holding toddlers hands as they plug along. Lucky enough I'm short and this requires no hunching which encourages me to do it on a regular basis, once they can mostly walk. I'm also looking forward to new toys and finger foods. Cheer!os have already entered the house although neither tomato knows what to do with them. Roger and Sara have a detailed list of toy suggestions and ideas, hopefully some of which will surface in the next couple of weeks.

This weekend I'm headed out of town and hoping to return to Spring. Keep your fingers crossed, yesterday there were at least three Duck Boats in the river so it has to be coming. And crocuses! I saw crocuses on my commute in today!