Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday, oh yes, it was Monday.

Monday for sure. Morning naps were crap but both tomatoes were ADORABLE today. They grew over the weekend, you can't imagine how long they both are, how agile Tabitha is, social Jackson has become or how huge her cheeks are! Roger wasn't feeling well so he didn't go to work. Norah had the day off because of MLK day (another blogger's excellent post here) so she joined me. And the five of us spent the day closed inside against the frigid New England weather. 

Big news in our world is Tabitha's rolling over. She now does it as soon as you put her to bed and then cannot get to sleep, although over the weekend she napped 45 minutes and then literally turned over and couldn't get back to sleep. Once she's over she can't get back, but, as Roger and Sara have learned the hard way, turning her back just annoys her and starts the screaming frustration. Sara actually asked for the bumpers to be extended from two-sided to three-sided and Norah offered to make it happen. The top of each crib faces the other so that they can see each other. This end was kept open while the other three sides are now bumper protected, before the two sides along the walls were bumped but no others.

Having Norah at work with me affects things differently then one would expect. She actually avoids coming as much as she can because of the way it affects me. I am terrible but I jump on the opportunity to get as much done as possible. I love the extra set of hands and don't stop during the entire time she's there. Every few hours she gets me to sit and eat, because she cooks, but other than that she barely sees me.

Thus no daytime blogging. None. Too busy.

Today Norah took pictures of he tomatoes (although I did get at least a hundred this morning while she changed the crib bumpers).  She helped me with each feeding and switched the laundry, not to mention all of the playing, singing and fun she had with the babies. I have to tell you, I warned Roger and Sara that it could happen, it's happened. Jackson is smitten with Norah. I don't know what it is, all of my boys adore her. Addison was the same. we'd take out the kids and he was glued to Norah. They love her and now Jackson does too.

Despite the tiny morning nap, damn 45 minutes anyway, playtime, feedings and afternoon naps were beautiful. Plus I organized and accomplished so much! Aside from regular Monday activities, laundry, sheets, formula, bottles, etc, I made squash! Sara thought she'd get to it over the weekend, but I wasn't holding my breathe. No big deal, but I've made most of their food o far. It's hard for new parents to make time for each other, themselves,  snuggling, playing, interacting, feeding, napping and making food. Not to mention a food you've never cooked for yourself. Right? Not an issue. Tomorrow, squash day 1. I also made apples, carrots, avocado, peas and a few vegetable mixes. My babies eat well!

It was a very, very good and productive day (which is most of what made it SO good!). This week we have our next round of RSV shots and weigh ins, fingers crossed we're doing as well as we think we are. 

_______________________________________________
Okay, whether or not you've noticed, I try to blog each day that I work, but not more than once. And today I was tagged. So this post is a bit longer than expected. Tagging follows... 
_______________________________________________



I have been tagged by Carolyn at Ramblings of the Other Mother. So here it goes....


First, The Rules:

1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

1. I love, Love, LOVE to be busy and productive (surprising I know).
2. Working with a single, first-born baby is so much harder than taking care of infant twins.
3. I've worked for four doctors, my wife has worked for five.
4. (this might ruffle a few feathers) Having a puppy was so much tougher than taking care of babies; a) babies wear diapers, b) babies don't have teeth right away - especially not sharp puppy-teeth, c) babies can't hurt other people when you first get them, d) you can bring a baby anywhere and carrying it makes things better, e) babies don't need endless amount of exercise and biscuits to get them to listen.
5. (if you didn't like four, you won't like five either) Puppies and babies are so similar; a) both need more sleep than people think they do, b) limits benefit both in building relationships and developing their senses of self, trust and comfort, c) they both need constant supervision, d) neither know what they need so you need to be confident and consistent in what you do, e) both are smarter than they look, f) babies and puppies learn really fast - this is good and bad for us as caregivers
6. I love my dog but nothing can compare to time spent with a baby. I'm so glad we got him well before we considered having a baby (we're not close yet, but considering it).

I will tag...
1. This Melbourne Nanny
2. BabyBlueprint
3. uterus x 2